Joint Commission Policy Statement
Flyby Nurse is a proud division of Cunningham Elite Staffing, LLC, and is committed to providing a higher standard of service and to the delivery of safe, quality patient care. Flyby Nurse complies with the Joint Commission’s Standards for Healthcare Staffing Services. As a Flyby Nurse Professional or customer, you can have the confidence that the processes within Flyby Nurse meet the requirements established by the Joint Commission. To assure compliance with the Joint Commission Standards for Healthcare Staffing Services, Flyby Nurse provides the customer a written description of the following service features.
- Flyby Nurse will not engage subcontractors to provide Assigned Providers unless agreed to in advance by the customer.
- Floating Assigned Providers may only be placed in assignments that match the job description for which Flyby Nurse assigns them; if an Assigned Provider is asked to float to another department with the customer, the department must be a like department or unit and the float provider must have demonstrated previous competency and have the appropriate certifications, credentials for that department/unit. Assigned Providers should only be floated to areas of comparable clinical diagnoses and acuities.
- Competency Review It is the responsibility of Flyby Nurse to conduct and finalize the pre-employment assessment of the Assigned Provider’s competence based on the techniques, procedures, technology and skills needed to provide care, treatment and services to the populations served by the customer upon completion of Flyby Nurse’s orientation.
It shall be the responsibility of the customer to cooperate in a review or evaluation of each Assigned Provider, relative to the provider’s ability to perform specific job functions upon completion of provider’s assignment or shift. Flyby Nurse relies on the customer’s feedback in order to accurately assess and re-assess the competence of the Assigned Provider on an ongoing basis based on the customer’s report of clinical performance.
- Orientation of Providers: Flyby Nurse will provide all new providers with an orientation to the company’s policies and procedures. It shall be the responsibility of customer to orient assigned providers to the facility and its rules and regulations and to acquaint them with the facility policies and procedures, including dress code, physical layout and equipment and to validate competency and ability of Assigned Provider to properly use equipment.
- Providers and Independent Contractors as the provider of staffing services: Flyby Nurse in affiliation with People 2.0 Global, LLC will be the employer of Assigned Providers and shall not by reason of their temporary assignment with the customer through Flyby Nurse become providers of the customer. At its sole discretion Flyby Nurse reserves the right to utilize Independent Contractors in addition to its providers, to assist in the provision of all agreed upon Healthcare Supplemental Staffing services.
- Incident, Error, Tracking System Upon notification of Incidents and or Errors, Flyby Nurse shall document and track all unexpected incidents, including errors, sentinel events and other events, such as injuries and safety hazards related to the care and services provided, utilizing its data gathering tools. Information gathered tracked and analyzed is to shared and reported appropriately to customers, regulatory bodies and the Joint Commission as required.
- Communicating Occupational Safety Hazards/Events It shall be the responsibility of the customer to notify Flyby Nurse within 24 hours of the event; any competency issues, incidents, and/or complaints related to the Assigned Provider and/or Flyby Nurse Customer agrees to initiate communication with Flyby Nurse whenever an incident/injury report related to the Assigned Provider is completed.
- Requirements for Staff Specified: The requirements of staff sent to the customer by Flyby Nurse are to be determined by the customer as part of the written agreement between the two parties. It is Flyby Nurse’s obligation to comply with the requirements of the customer by supplying staff that have the documented competencies, credentials, health screening and experience to satisfy the requirements specified by the customer in order to deliver safe care to the population being served.
- Conflicts of Interest: Flyby Nurse to the best of its ability identifies conflicts of interest. Flyby Nurse discloses all conflicts of interest to its clients. Flyby Nures annually reviews its relationships and its healthcare providers’ relationships with vendors, clients, competitors and regulatory entities to determine conflicts of interest.
When conflicts of interest arise Flyby Nurse discloses this conflict of interest when appropriate to whichever client may be involved or affected. Flyby Nurse enforces that internal employees of Flyby Nurse are not permitted to maintain additional employment, accept gifts (other than those of nominal value) or to allow payment on their behalf of any travel, living or entertainment expense by any person or organization currently doing business with or seeking to conduct business with Flyby Nurse, unless approved by the client involved or potentially involved.
- Staff Matching Requirements: Flyby Nurse shall verify the Assigned Provider’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience that match requirements for the assignment. Matching the Assigned Provider’s licensure, certification, education and work experience to assure they are competent and possess the skills and experience matching the specified requirements of the assignment may include the use of new grad practitioners upon the request or approval of the customer.
The Flyby Nurse office, located in Gig Harbor, WA is open Monday through Friday from the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Our local telephone number is (253) 514-1252. Outside of normal business hours, in the event of an emergency please contact us at (253) 225-8391.
In the event of an emergency, natural disaster or other uncontrollable event, Flyby Nurse will continue to provide service to you through our corporate network form a location where phones and computers are functional. Flyby Nurse will do everything possible to support you in meeting your needs during crisis situation(s). A copy of our Emergency Management Plan is available upon request.
Our goal is to always provide you with a consistent level of service. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service or the service provided by one of our healthcare professionals, we encourage you to contact the local manager to discuss the issue. Flyby Nurse has processes in place to resolve customer complaints in an effective and efficient manner. If the resolution does not meet your expectation, we encourage you to call the Flyby Nurse / Cunningham Elite Staffing, LLC corporate office at (253) 225-8391. A corporate representative will work with you to resolve your concern. Any individual or organization that has a concern about the quality and safety of patient care delivered by Flyby Nurse healthcare professionals, which has not been addressed by Flyby Nurse management, is encouraged to contact the Joint Commission at www.jointcommission.org or by calling the Office of Quality Monitoring at (630) 792-5636. Flyby Nurse demonstrates this commitment by taking no retaliatory or disciplinary action against providers when they do report safety or quality of care concerns to the Joint Commission.